|| Process of Degradation
The E2S® System offers an overall eco-intelligent end-product with the target of a complete biodegradable system. E2S® is a thermo-oxidative additive system for polyolefin. In a compost environment the temperature and oxygen present will initiate the molecular breakdown of the polymer which will result in:
Synergy with CaCO3 (Calcium Carbonate)
- Thermo-oxidative and/ or photo-oxidative breakdown of the polymer chains, thus weakening the mechanical properties and making the surface hydrophilic to assist in direct microbial digestion.
- Microbial digestion of the direct biodegradable components providing greater surface for the bio-process.
- Microbial digestion of the polymer fragments to H2O, CO2 and biomass. No toxic breakdown components are created.
• The presence of CaCO3 increases UV degradation by up to 66% (CNEP)
• E2S® only needs to degrade the polyolefin component of the composite
• Energy / Environmental aspects
• The higher the CaCO3 the lower the total used energy
Strength of the Technology
• Ultimate biodegradability.
• Conventional raw materials.
• Lowest energy input.
• Use of natural modifiers like minerals and fibers.
• No Methane production as in other direct bio-degradable products under anaerobic composting conditions.
• No toxic by-products are created during production, storage, use and deposition.
• Waste volume reduction to biomass down to 10% - 20% of the original value in weight. More by volume.
• Does not affect the properties of valuable humus
• Fumes resulting from the incineration of E2S® modified polyolefins has no environmentally negative or toxic effect.